Training & Experience
My Training in brief...
- I've been both practicing and training since 1990, and have a wide range of experience with individuals, couples and groups.
- I am a qualified Psychodramatist and Registered Psychotherapist, and hold a Diploma in Counselling with the Human Development and Training Institute, and a Certificate in Counselling for Alcohol and Drugs with the Central Institute of Technology.
- I have participated in and completed extensive training in psychodynamic psychotherapy models and family therapy training.
- I am a Member of AANZPA (www.aanzpa.org), the Australian and Aotearoa New Zealand Psychodrama Association, and a Provisional Member of the NZ Association of Psychotherapists (www.nzap.org)
I've been practicing since 1990, including four years working for Community Alcohol and Drug Services, Friendship House, Action Education and the Methadone Treatment Service.
Since May 1996 I have practiced in my private practice, Aurora Associates, the Safe Programme, (www.safenetwork.co.nz) and Waitakere Abuse and Trauma Counselling Service (www.abusehelp.co.nz), now known as Familiy Action. In these positions I have gained extensive experience as a therapist working with clients struggling with adoption, depression, guilt, shame, change, sexual abuse, sexuality, relationships, family systems, trauma, grief, loss, anxiety, drug addiction, co-dependency and early childhood attachment difficulties.
Qualifications and Training
- Qualified psychodramatist, certified by Australian and Aotearoa New Zealand Psychodrama Association (AANZPA)
- Registered Psychotherapist, Psychotherapy Board of Aotearoa New Zealand (PBANZ)
- Diploma in Counselling - Human Development and Training Institute
- Certificate in Counselling Alcohol and Drugs- Central Institute of Technology
- Ppsychodynamic psychotherapy models
- Breif Intervention models, EMDR,
- Senior Family Therapist (practicing since 1990)
- I work within PBNZ, NZAP and AANZPA Codes of Ethics, strict confidentiality is assured
- Full Member of the NZ Association of Psychotherapists www.nzap.org.nz
- AANZPA Member of Australian and Aotearoa New Zealand Psychodrama Association www.aanzpa.org
- Registered ACC Counsellor www.acc.co.nz
- Registered Child Youth & Family Service provider www.cyf.govt.nz
- Registered Family Court Counsellor www.courts.govt.nz/family
- Registered Work & Income therapist
- Counselling provider for Victim Support www.victimsupport.org.nz/get-help/financial-assistance
- Provider for Your Choice program for adolescents www.healthwest.co.nz/WaitakereYouthHealthClinics.asp